We are seeking qualified, enthusiastic candidates to contribute to our cooperative’s success!
For a rewarding career with advancement potential, check out the job postings page link below to discover your next great opportunity!
Cooperative Producers, Inc. offers all the valuable benefits you’d expect from a top employer, as well as some you might not expect. We developed our employee benefits with one key objective: to serve the needs of our employees and their families.
Questions about any of these positions can be directed to Darin Chaon or to the Location Manager where the position is being hired.
PO Box 1008
Hastings, NE 68902-1008
If you prefer a paper application, you can download and print the CPI Application.
This is a fillable document so you have the option of typing directly on the form, saving it as a PDF upon completion, and emailing it to: email@example.com or simply mailing a hard copy to the address below:
Cooperative Producers, Inc.
Attn: Darin Chaon
PO Box 1008
Hastings, NE 68902-1008
Applicator Registered Apprenticeship Program
Do you like to work independently and on a team? Do you have an interest in custom application and technology? CPI has a great opportunity for you! We’ve partnered with Central Community College (Hastings) for the Registered Apprenticeship Program.
- Get paid to attend class
- Work 25 hours per week for pay and benefits
- Earn your Commercial Applicators License and CDL
CPI & Central Community College:
- Pay your tuition through the academic program
- Provide you with an Apprenticeship Coach & Mentor
- Offer full-time employment upon completion
CPI’s goal is to provide the future leaders of agriculture with a fun and educational internship experience. Our internships help the future generation gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience while exploring career paths at CPI. Students are provided with real life situations that will challenge them to put their education to use.
- Student must be pursuing a degree in a related field
- Student must have completed their sophomore or junior year of academic courses from a university/college OR completed their freshman year of academic courses from a community or trade college
- Student must be in good academic standing
- Student must have a valid US driver’s license and satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
Upcoming Career Fairs
Dates coming soon!
February 27th, 2023
@ Union Hall
March 1st, 2023
@ Hughes Fieldhouse
March 2nd, 2023
@ Health and Sports Center
March 22nd, 2023
@ Lynn Farrell Arena
2024 Summer Internship Opportunities
The Accounting Intern will assist the Accounting Department with day-to-day activities. The intern will attain knowledge in purchases and sales contracts, invoicing patrons, product transfers, stock additions/adjustments, reconciliations, and other required transactions. Various projects will be assigned during the internship.
- Develop annual farmer/customer programs that include soil testing, field mapping, product recommendations, timely and accurate application, field monitoring as needed, record keeping, and follow-up calls.
- Learn test plot hybrid selection and comparison of these hybrids.
- Hands-on opportunities throughout the internship (e.g. utilizing drone technology).
Energy Accounting Intern
The Energy Accounting Intern will assist with a wide variety of energy division accounting/finance activities. This internship is an excellent way to gain practical, firsthand experience in the co-op industry. Various projects will be assigned during the internship.
Feed Operations Intern
- Interworking’s of the feed mill.
- Feed Orders (weighing ingredients, mixing, bagging, etc.).
- Products we sell including the numerous types of minerals, when and why they are used by producers.
- Interact with customers to fulfill their orders.
- Load bulk feed.
- Complete paperwork on orders.
Grain Origination/Merchandising Intern
The Grain Origination/Merchandising Intern will build knowledge in the areas of grain origination and merchandising. The intern will ride along with grain originators to develop an understanding of origination. Various projects within grain origination and merchandising will be assigned during the internship.
Information Technology (IT) Support Intern
- Offering technical support to users by responding to questions and concerns.
- Troubleshooting common issues and directing clients towards the appropriate department if further assistance is needed.
- Troubleshooting applications, computers, and printers.
- Identifying problems and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Writing and maintaining documentation to improve client references.
The Multimedia Intern will collaborate with the advertising department to plan, coordinate, shoot, edit, and produce videos that are consistent with CPI’s brand as well as other day-to-day activities and assigned projects.
- Various functions of dry/liquid plant:
- Fertilizer plant mixing, loading trucks, reading work orders, etc.
- Various functions of the scale:
- Grain weighing, probing, bin designation, etc.
- Various functions of the grain elevator:
- Legs, boot pits, conveyors, housekeeping.
- Shadow additional positions within the coop.
Petroleum Operations Analytics Intern
The Petroleum Operations Analytics Intern will assist in the analysis of current and future data to drive operational efficiencies within our petroleum sector through researching cost-savings and service improvement opportunities. They will translate analytics into clear, concise, actionable communications and influence the team with the presentation of recommendations.
Precision Agronomy Intern
- Record field data utilizing internal geo-referenced software
- Grid and zone sampling
- Variable rate technology and recommendations
- Develop and increase product knowledge of the sales force, applicators, and management through various learning avenues
- Assist with on-farm trials and research summarize and analyze data, create maps based on collected data, provide seed and fertilizer recommendations based on analysis results, and promote company products and services.